Tuesday, December 25, 2012


Restaurant:  From the Kitchen of The Hotness

Dish:  Merry Christmas Dinner!

Critique:  During Christmas celebration, my sisters and I put on a spread that is worthy for Kings and Queens visiting from other nations.  In other words, we throw down extra hard during this festive occasion just because we like to cook and eat....all at the same time. Yes, there is some serious competition involved and it definitely shows in the food.  Let's get the party started! Going clockwise at 1:00- we have homemade Macaroni & Cheese made with Cracker-barrel (it's the best cheese), Green Beans, slow roasted homemade Honey Baked Ham, at 6:00 we have Barbecue Ribs, Southern Style Turkey Legs, Dressing with Dark Gravy, Mustard Potato Salad, and bringing it home at 12:00 are Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey Necks.  This plate was so good, it made me want to "smack my mama" TWICE!! But I'm too afraid to do such a thing, matter of fact I'm scared to write anything about smacking my mama, but the food was just THAT good.

Score: 4 out of 4 Hotties!!


Dish: Ambrosia de la Hotness

Critique:  The last time I truly enjoyed ambrosia occurred when my mother prepared it, I was a wee tiny lassie.  I recently had a craving for it and figured, how hard could it be to make?  After Googling a few recipes that I thought were similar to mom's, I gave it a shot and voila! It taste just like it did when I was a wee tiny lassie.  I did add a few fresh strawberries to give it the Ambrosia 2.0 feeling.  This dish was quite the hit since numerous attendees helped themselves to three and four plates of Ambrosia Heaven...obviously they couldn't stop themselves.  Is there such a thing as an Ambrosia overdose?  Calm down people, I'm not taking anyone to the emergency room!  "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Score: 4 out of 4 Hotties!!

No comments:

Post a Comment